First pageload always slow?

Having a problem using the forums? Have any suggestions to improve this site? Please post your questions and suggestions here.
Nakor
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

First pageload always slow?

Post by Nakor »

This has been happening for a while, but I only a couple days ago started noticing the pattern. The first time I come to the BBRT after being off it for a while, the first page loads incredibly slowly. But after that, every page I visit (usually) loads very quickly. It's always the front page (I always start there) but even if I go back to that same page later in the same session, it loads with no problem at all. But if I come back 3-4 hours later, it loads the first page I view at a crawl again. Any ideas?
wavemeister
Knight
Knight

Re: First pageload always slow?

Post by wavemeister »

I have noticed different patterns, but they all have a very sluggish page upload in common.

Probably it has something to do with the use of external data?
Roemello
King Radiance
King Radiance

Post by Roemello »

Any slowdown on random pages or all pages is due to the database... ever since my hosts moved to a new platform, the database has been a bit shakey, though I have been doing my best to make sure it's well maintained. As for the slow loading first page thing... could be due to low session times and possibly my purging the site's cache from time to time. Though even then, so long as the database isn't having issues, there shouldn't be TOO much in the way of slowdowns... it's been decent lately so hopefully it'll keep and get better.
Captain Zap
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Captain Zap »

I think it's gotten A LOT better! I rarely experience slowdowns like we used to!
Nakor
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Post by Nakor »

Yeah, I haven't noticed too much in the last couple weeks.
Roemello
King Radiance
King Radiance

Post by Roemello »

Yeah, the database hasn't been acting up so much... a couple times it has when maintenance was being done, but otherwise I've been happy to see it working a lot better :)