Surf the web without ever clicking the mouse?

The kingdom's hot spot for all technology discussion and help. Need to know how to post an image? Want a link to a good banner maker? Have an HTML question? Don't know how to post music? Having trouble with your computer? Find the answers here!
Nakor
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Surf the web without ever clicking the mouse?

Post by Nakor »

Someone thinks it's possible:

http://www.dontclick.it/
Roemello
King Radiance
King Radiance

Re: Surf the web without ever clicking the mouse?

Post by Roemello »

That's not too bad! Though I'm not thinking it'd work out on a full scale... there'll end up being some things ya mouse over, but didn't wanna click into and it could get ya into problems :lol: Then there's having to make the entire 'net flash based :p Funky idea though and works well for that display :cool:
TStodden
Knight
Knight

Post by TStodden »

It's a very dangerous concept as clicking involves a physical choice, unlike hovering your mouse over something.

Hackers & malware writers would pounce on such a world with such a force that it would kill the click-less world as every idiot who moved their mouse to the wrong spot on the page would accidentally download some piece of malware with little options to stop it.

Clicking is good...
~TStodden (Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
Nakor
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Post by Nakor »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this would never become a reality. It does have some amusing concepts though, like drawing a quick circle around a button to click on it and so forth.

Personally, I prefer mouse gestures, which rely on mouse clicks. Thought it was amusing enough to share though. :lol:
Frong
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Post by Frong »

Quite frankly, the fact that you can't make the stuff that's popped up go away without pulling up other stuff is annoying. That right there is enough to make me not want to navigate like that, let alone the security issues. Besides, I've seen navigation systems not unlike that before, albeit on a smaller scale. They annoyed me then, too. :rolleyes: