What was your worst sports injury?

Come and talk about your favorite SPORTS here. Want to celebrate the victory of your favorite team? All major sports included.
Captain Zap
Warlord
Warlord

What was your worst sports injury?

Post by Captain Zap »

Mine was playing Softball. My finger got injured pretty badly and remained swollen for a few weeks. It was VERY painful! :cry:

What's the worst sports injury you've ever suffered?
Toastyfuzz
Yeoman
Yeoman

Post by Toastyfuzz »

I haven't played sports regularly enough to get an injury since elementary school, but I have my share of childhood stories. :p It's probably a toss-up between jamming my finger on a basketball and having it be similarly swollen, which freaking hurt, and spraining my ankle playing soccer. Ironically enough, the soccer was in high school, during GYM class. Some stupid show-off kid who was also a jackass got annoyed at me for actually maneuvering around his fancy footwork, due to my some 6 years of soccer practice in elementary school, and wasn't being really careful about whether he kicked the ball or my leg. :dammit: I still managed to get it past him even after he kicked me. I fell on it, too, but at the time I was just sort of smirking through the pain. :evil:
Alas...earwax.
NOA Imawario
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Post by NOA Imawario »

I had my finger jammed pretty good too while playing catch... I couldn't bend it for about a week. :lol:

wavemeister
Knight
Knight

Post by wavemeister »

Just a broken kneecap and some snapped tendons after a player of the opponent team jumped accidentally on my knee during a Rugby match.

The real pain came after the surgery...had to spent a total of 6 months in several hospitals plus another 6 months of rehab training. Still can't say which of both was worser. :D
Kevinator
Lord
Lord

Post by Kevinator »

In my junior year in high school I pulled my groin muscle trying to catch a fly ball. That is most painful muscle pull a guy can have. I really wasn't able to walk for about a week, then I was limping for another 2 weeks.
Please help find a cure for Autism support The Walk For Autism by clicking this link. http://www.walknowforautism.org/stlouis/kevin_perks70

Diofan
Duke
Duke

Post by Diofan »

Broken wrist when I was about ten years old. Playing "king of the mountain" (Don't know if that qualifies as a sport). Anyway, I was pushed off the "mountain" (As per part of the game), well I slipped and my right arm hit some steel repar pretty hard.
You know the big wheel keeps on spinnin around
And Im goin with some hesitation
You know that I can surely see
That I dont want to get caught up in any of that
Funky $hit goin down in the city
Administrator ~ The 70's, Eighties Euphoria
Snake
Royal Advisor
Royal Advisor

Re: What was your worst sports injury?

Post by Snake »

Nine years ago while running cross country. Two days before league finals I pull a muscle in the hip of my right leg as we're ending with 100m sprints. I ran hard at finals and we qualified for the section meet, which meant two more weeks of harder training (coach said league separated men from boys, section separated supermen from men) and no rest. We finished middle of the pack for section and missed state, but most of the damage was done for me and I didn't heal up until about a month into track season.

Then I went on to have my best track season...