PIKACHU LADY...

Jokes, comic strips, those funny online quizzes & odd stuff - as long as it's in compliance with our forum wide guidelines -go here!
soloist
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight
Location: no single region (specified or otherwise) permanently captivates this apparition...

PIKACHU LADY...

Post by soloist »

Ack! Saying this lady loves Pikachu is an understatement. Known as "Pikabellechu," the 32-year-old PikaHolic owns over 8,000 Pikachu goods, including a Pikachu car she named "PikaBug." The Guinness World Record Member writes:

I attend many anime conventions, car shows and do lots of events for children..Official Pokemon Events,Birthday parties, School events and so on mostly as the Pokemon Character Ash cause I can do his voice dead on..I am also a cartoonist and paint many murals around my town and teach children art classes at a local craft store...Now I do alot of promotional things with Pokemon as there characters and my Poke'Womon Princesses.....and one day I shall Catch Em' All...
Yeah, well, good luck with that.

-GT-

ImageImageImage

Soloist can only be experienced - for one's perception determines which of his attributes are displayed...
Nakor
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Re: PIKACHU LADY...

Post by Nakor »

Seeing that pic has shortened my life by one year.

Curse you!
Masamune
Knight
Knight

Post by Masamune »

I just died a little inside... .
soloist
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight
Location: no single region (specified or otherwise) permanently captivates this apparition...

Post by soloist »

Laughs! Ooops!
I'll have to c-
orrect the
wrong I
have
don-
e!!

:lol:

(how about this?)

ImageImageImage

Soloist can only be experienced - for one's perception determines which of his attributes are displayed...
Nakor
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Post by Nakor »

I feel my collection needs further boosting... >_>
Tanis
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Tanis »

Hmmm... With that concentration of Pikachu's, I could very easily add a big step in my quest to burn anything Pokemon related from the world. :D
Frong
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Post by Frong »

Hmm... ultimate lolz. :looney: I actually don't have a massive, burning hatred for Pikachu or Pokemon in general like some people do (it's cause of the original game's nostalgia value for me), so rather than losing a bunch of brain cells from looking at that pic, it just made me laugh. It takes all kinds. :lol:
Tanis
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Tanis »

I see... so you don't hate Pokemon...

Well... we can fix that... *pulls out book of 'Dummys Guide to Performing Lobotomy'*

:evil:
Frong
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Post by Frong »

*steals guide*

*lobotomizes j00 with a rusty spork*

The power of nostalgia is not to be underestimated, 5p00n3j. It can make people look favorably upon things that they might otherwise not miss in the least after a while. :p That said, Pokeemanz is actually a perfectly good video game if you look at it objectively. At the time it was released, it broke considerable new ground with a well laid-out, addictive game format. It only turned into an object of ridicule after Nintendo turned it into a gargantuan consumerist whore of a franchise. :lol:
Nakor
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Post by Nakor »

Red/Blue was the only good one. And it wasn't really good enough to warrant that level of nostalgia IMO. Everything else was just a carbon copy with some gimmicks thrown in.
Roemello
King Radiance
King Radiance

Post by Roemello »

Frong
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Post by Frong »

Nakor wrote:Red/Blue was the only good one. And it wasn't really good enough to warrant that level of nostalgia IMO. Everything else was just a carbon copy with some gimmicks thrown in.
I'll go a little further and say that Red/Blue and Gold/Silver were the good ones. R/B was the original, so everything was new. I can't even remember how many hours I sank in to that. :lol: G/S added a whole bunch of stuff to the formula that was cool, like a real-time clock and weekly calendar with world events that only happened on specific days at specific times. It forced you to be more creative with your play time, and I liked it a lot, which is why I played it almost as much as R/B. Ruby/Sapphire took out the clock and calendar, and it all went downhill from there. :\ As for the nostalgia value, Pokemon Blue was one of the first legitimate RPGs I ever played, because I didn't have anything more than an original Game Boy until I was halfway through high school. That's why it's particularly nostalgic for me. That said, the nostalgia has almost completely worn off by now. I played through the most recent version on DS literally once and then got bored with it and sold it back. I don't think I even attempted a second runthrough. Just wasn't worth it. :sleepy2:
Nakor
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Post by Nakor »

I tried G/S when they came out and personally didn't find that the clock/calendar did much for me. More of an inconvenience than anything. :lol:
Frong
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Post by Frong »

:lol: I dunno, I always thought it was cool that everyplace in the game could be a little different depending upon the time of day and day of the week. Nearly every other RPG locale in existance is always the same no matter when you visit. The sun can't possibly be up ALL the time. :p
Nakor
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Post by Nakor »

I don't think G/S was the very first to do that actually, I remember vaguely some other RPG doing similar... can't remember what the crap it was though, so I could be wrong.

I found it mainly annoying because if I was going to be using my gameboy much at all, it was likely going to be in the late evening, meaning I'd almost surely miss whatever one had to play during the daytime to get/do. And generally whatever I was doing in the daytime (school, friends, etc.) was hardly something I'd drop for a game.

GMail just unveiled a bunch of themes today actually... and one of them is region-based, apparently to go by the clock as well lol.