Fantasy Hockey

Come and talk about your favorite SPORTS here. Want to celebrate the victory of your favorite team? All major sports included.
Nakor
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Re: Fantasy Hockey - Draft Complete

Post by Nakor »

And in a separate post to separate things a bit, allow me to briefly explain the waiver rules for anyone who might not be familiar with them. To make my life easier, I'll just copy and paste the commissioner's note I wrote in the league itself.
The draft is complete! Players may commence trades immediately. To add players, for the first two days they will be on waivers, and the managers who drafted last will get top priority in picking waivers. Thereafter, all unpicked players become free agents, and may be taken immediately by any team.

For those new to Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey, every team has a waiver priority which you can see on the overview page. Unpicked players at the beginning of a league are waivers for two days, and any player which is dropped by a team remains a waiver for two days. When one or more teams try to add a waiver, the player is not added until those two days are up. At this point, the team with the highest waiver priority (1 being highest) out of those trying to add the player gets that player.

At the start, the team who got the last draft pick gets the highest waiver priority (1), and so forth, until the team with the first draft pick gets the lowest waiver priority (in our league, 6). When you pick up a waiver, if you successfully get the waiver, your priority drops to 6, and everyone who was behind you is bumped up one each. (So if the person who had priority 3 picks up a player, 3 drops to 6, and the player who had 4 goes to 3, the player with 5 to 4, and the player with 6 to 5.)

If a waiver isn't picked up for two days, they become a free agent. Any team can add a free agent instantly, without losing any waiver priority.
As for the draft, managers and non-managers alike, feel free to comment. I won't keep the thread on announcement for much longer, but I think we can keep one thread as a sticky (probably in the sports forum though) for public discussion. One thing stood out to me in this draft: Joe Thornton going second. I was happy when I saw I got Ovechkin, but I was surprised to see it was Thornton going ahead of him. I thought that if anyone other than Crosby was to go ahead of Ovechkin, it would probably be a goaltender. (Personally, I had Ovechkin ahead of Crosby in my draft as well.)
Frong
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Re: Fantasy Hockey - Sign Up by Sept 21

Post by Frong »

Snake wrote:You are hereby directed to remember who Snake is! :spankin:
Only if you wear the cardboard box. Then I'll remember who you are. 8o :p

So anyway, ph33r meh goalies and defensemen (again; I had great ones last year, too). I always make a point of getting the best goalies first, since they're at a premium every year, and there aren't a ton of good offensive defensemen, either, so I pay close attention to them, too. Pronger + Souray + Phaneuf = ye offense, then add on Brodeur + Luongo for instant win. Bwahaha!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Nakor
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Re: Fantasy Hockey - Draft Complete

Post by Nakor »

Moving to sports forum now, we'll keep it stickied over there.
Snake
Royal Advisor
Royal Advisor

Re: Fantasy Hockey

Post by Snake »

Wow. My team is getting a serious ass whoopin. How is it possible to be doing this bad already?

Oh well, still early in the season I suppose...
Nakor
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Post by Nakor »

Early in the season, expect the scores to be a bit dramatic. They'll kind of whip up and down a bit, and the gaps will be larger. A perfect example is that DRays' team lost 13 points of ground overnight just now.

I do notice one thing - your team has players benched who are playing tonight, and players set to positions who are not playing. Players on your bench (BN) will not accrue stats for you. From the our league's homepage ( http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/bbrt ), go to the "My Team" tab at the top. Drag and drop players from the bench who are playing that day into playable positions - drop them on players in the same position who are not playing that day. The two "Util" positions may be filled by any player except a goalie. When done, hit save changes.

You can do this in advance so you're not stuck doing it daily as well. At the top of the My Team page is a row of dates. Click on the next date, and repeat so that players playing that day are in positions, and save. Repeat until you're sufficiently booked in advance. Then just remember to update again before the last date you updated rolls around. :)
Nakor
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Post by Nakor »

Snake, you've got a trade offer.
Colonel Zoidberg
Yeoman
Yeoman

Post by Colonel Zoidberg »

Y'know, Scott Niedermayer can start playing any time he wishes. I'd cut him, but if he does decide to un-retire, I want him on my team.
[img width=195 height=257]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/ ... idberg.jpg[/img]

"When will man learn that all races are equally inferior to robots?" Bender, Futurama

"If I could say just one thing to those judges, it'd be... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...POOP!" Rejected American Inventor
Snake
Royal Advisor
Royal Advisor

Post by Snake »

Nakor wrote:Snake, you've got a trade offer.
Sorry it took so long, didn't get on the net while in Italy... you have a counter offer
Snake
Royal Advisor
Royal Advisor

Post by Snake »

There seems to be a huge gap between the top two and the bototm 4